The WSA is a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation to improve society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia, and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting edge examples of how ICTs can impact society in a positive way.
With over 17 years of international experience, WSA is a quality seal for digital content with societal impact in over 182 participating countries.
What is WSA?
What is WSA National Contest Bulgaria?
Each country has a national WSA representation – the WSA National Expert. The WSA national experts are carrying out the local pre-selection for WSA, through national contests or national Expert panel selection. To participate in WSA, you need to be nominated by a WSA National Expert as the best national digital application in one of the 8 categories. Each country is eligible to nominate one project/solution per WSA category.
The European Software Institute – Center Eastern Europe (ESI CEE) is organizing the WSA National Contest for Bulgaria, and Dr. George Sharkov is the National Expert for Bulgaria.
The WSA National Contest Bulgaria is aiming to:
- WSA leverages its global network of start-ups, mentors, entrepreneurs, jurors, governmental representatives, ICT experts & international organisations to ensure a global multi-stakeholder transfer. The WSA National Contest Bulgaria aims to promote national talent and innovation at the global stage, and provide exposure to local entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- We want to inspire innovation and creativity. WSA stands for the worldwide selection & promotion of digital innovation with a postitve impact on society & the encouragement of young entrepreneurship.
- Select exceptional content to present Bulgaria on a global scale.
- Create a network of passionate experts on a relentless search for outstanding digital content.
- Promote the WSA and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
Find out how to submit your application here.